Monday, April 29, 2013

The Kestrel has landed

I had a simply miserable morning at the doctors office. Ive been really sick for quite a while now, Im not talking the flu or a stomach bug, and getting to the bottom of it is becoming time consuming and exhausting. Today I had to have a whole blood panel taken, 7 vials, thats a whole armful and to add to my misery they were fasting tests so I was thirsty and hungry on top of my usual tired, awesome.


To add to my misery I had to drag along Emma aka Horridness to have food intolerance tests for her ongoing gastro symptoms. Now my Emma doesnt like drinking, doesnt like doctors and definitely doesnt like needles, so this appointment was doomed from the start. The doc tried to take blood from the normal spot in the crook of her arm but that wasnt happening so instead we opted for finger pricks and dabbing drops of blood onto a special card for testing. Usually it takes one or two fingers to achieve this. My special dehydrated angel took 5 attempts and needed a bandaid after every try. Way to go Emma. 2 and a half hours later we were on our way. That has to have been the longest blood draw appointment Ive ever been to.

To cheer myself up I headed right to Performance Bike to collect my new tri bike. They've had it for over two weeks but now shes looking pretty in my garage. I was too exhausted after all the mornings antics to put it on the trainer and try it out, so thats on the cards for tomoro. :)


1 comment: