Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pound vs Dollar

It still tickles me that I can travel far around America and not have to change currency. Coming from a fairly small island all of my childhood and married life I travelled outside of the UK to warmer climates and always had to change currency. The year we moved to America the dollar was almost 2 to the pound, it made half price living for a while :)

Today marks the 30 year anniversary of the pound coin. I remember(vaguely) pound notes and I most certainly remember when the pound coin came into circulation.

When I moved to America I found it fascinating that all of the dollar bills are the same color, its actually very confusing and unnecessary and is one of the reasons I always charge my purchases. That and the fact that after 5 years I still have no idea which coin is which :(



No comments:

Post a Comment