Saturday, April 13, 2013

My neuropathy work

May 13-17, 2013 is Neuropathy
Awareness Week!
Imagine laying awake all night with painful, burning, tingling, numb feet??? Yes even numbness hurts. 
1 in 15 Americans have neuropathy according to the Neuropathy Association. How does someone get neuropathy? There are several ways,
Four years ago, I started with foot pain and began the long journey to find answers and relief. Seven doctors later, I now have a greater understanding of my symptoms and when I found Dr Segura of the Chicago Peripheral Nerve Center we decided to work together and start a support group.
 
I formed the Illinois Peripheral Neuropathy Support Group in April 2012. The group is free and meets once a month. Our aim is to educate those who are experiencing the symptoms and offer advice.

The support group is currently relocating to Crest Hill Illinois, and we will be meeting during the summer months.

For further information email Jenny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment