Thursday, April 11, 2013

Deals, deals and more deals.

Im a huge deal finder, in fact I really cant resist the Groupon style sites and my iPhone is full of deal finder apps, LivingSocial, AmazonLocal and Groupon to name but a few. More recently, Ive purchased Tinley Park Roller Rink deals for the kids and "Authentic" English Tea for Two, where Kelly and I enjoyed a warming lunch after a very chilly half marathon race in Busse Woods, Schaumburg... more here. http://www.kellytheculinarian.com/2013/03/pinkies-up-for-high-tea.html

So when I spotted a permanent eyeliner deal on AmazonLocal I thought heck why not? who doesnt want to wake up with perfect eyes?

The appointment was with Cosmetic Enhancement Clinic http://cosmeticenhancementclinic.com/ and I have to say their website is a little misleading as the beauty technician is actually based inside Marc Anthony on La Grange Road in Orland. Needless to say I was 30mins late because I didnt know this and I was actually considering turning around and heading home.

On arriving the consultation probably lasted 5 mins but I was good with that as I was clear we had an understanding that at no point did I want to look gothic, evening or panda, so the technician set to work.

In the car as soon as Id left the appointment
To prepare myself I had watched the procedure on YouTube, which I never can be sure whether that is a good idea or not. On this occasion it was because I was in no way prepared for what was going to happen.

I knew the procedure was permanent but had no clue it was tattoo'd onto the eye lid. Tattoo..that means pain right? I have three other tattoos so I know how stingy it is, but a needle on the eyelid thats just wrong?.


Few hours later when the swelling had started going down
The technician began by cleaning the area and then applying numbing topical cream and covering while the process began. We chatted for a while and when the technician decided my eyelids were sufficiently asleep (why not ask me?) she set to work. Holy Sh*t  

I had asked her if it hurt and in her best honest voice she replied the experience was different for everyone, which I took for a "yes its going to hurt like hell". Well guess what, it did.

The needle bore deep into my lash line as she held back my upper and lower eye lids and I wriggled around on the bed in the worst stinging pain. #Unpleasant


Five more numbing topical applications later, I was rithing on the bed in discomfort and we agreed after a couple of minutes to finish and apply ice. Now Ive had two children, 3 foot surgeries and 3 tattoos and Im no baby, but holy smokes the experience was totally horrid.

I am due to return in a month for a follow up and maybe a little bit more work, but at this moment in time I wont be going. The next time you see me have a close look and see if you can see any of the lash enhancements :-).
   

No comments:

Post a Comment