Sunday, April 14, 2013

Riding the Plank

Im training for a couple of significantly long bike rides due to the fact that I probably wont be able to seriously run again until 2015, thats right another 2 years. If I cant marathon on my feet then I can marathon on my butt right?

I recently purchased a new bike but I wont get it for another week, because Performance Bike are assembling it and fitting me to it but more on that later.

Nick and I signed up for the Tri Smart 101: Ride to Support Breast Cancer Research in September. With routes of 10, 38, 61, 77 and 101 miles along low-traffic roads, rest stops roughly every 20 miles with beverages and snacks, as well as SAG support, I intend to rock out the full 101 where Nick will bail at mile 38 #soproud.
 
Hes still refusing to wear a jersey!!
As, Nick only has a heavy duty mountain bike, yesterday I had the pleasure of accompanying him to Richards Bikes in Palos Heights for a fitting. My hubs is clearly out of the normal bike fitting realms at 6ft 7 and will probably need something made for him. But after some great customer service by assistants, who clearly know what they are talking about, we left with a brand new Trek for him. (whatever)

After last weeks training on his mountain bike, the tall one positively flew this morning. There was some feedback(bitching) about the "sharpness" of the seat but other than that he was a very happy bunny. 22 miles in 1hr 50, not fast but we did have to stop at every road to cross and the wind kindly changed direction and speed on our return leg.

He doesnt know it yet, but Im planning a midweek interval ride for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment