Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Rave Run Chicago

A while ago I spotted a Zozi deal for The Rave Run downtown and thought, well why not. Its an untimed event which suits me and my gimp foot and its also for a great cause. Plus it looks major fun. 

Im a big fan on Disney's lights to music events and even though I knew this wouldnt be on the same scale, I thought my Emma would enjoy it, plus Elizabeth told me that taking Emma out for the night would be one of the best birthday presents she could ever have(!).


The event actually moved locations sometime in the week so we were redirected to Grant Park- Arvey Field, so parking was fairly easy. When we arrived at the race it was packed with people, mainly adults. There were plenty of toilets and a huge main stage blaring out rave music. The SWAG had included a cotton tee and a flashing bracelet and we wore extra glow sticks and makeup.
The course travelled along the LakeFront Path and then turned around to head back to the park. Thankfully it wasnt too dark as the day had been awesome and warm and the sky was clear. We could definitely feel the temperature drop but it was dry with no wind so we most certainly could not complain. There were starting corrals and the start line was where it usually is for Grant Park races. Sadly there were no mile markers, so we had to rely on our watches.

We were given bottles of water and there were only bananas at the finish line so we quickly left and headed off to Subway before driving home. It was a truly fun event but after all the standing on the grass by left foot was toast and I only managed two miles of the course.

Value for money: Yes I had a Groupon style deal
Would I do it again? No probably not. One and done as they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment