Monday, May 13, 2013

Hats off to English Tea (this is the best Kelly Janowski could come up with)

Firstly Id like to thank Kelly the Culinarian, not for the blog title cos its utter crap but for kick-starting my love of baking and subsequently eating.

Today, I decided to hold an authentic English high tea, simply because I'm British and I can. I invited a few of my closest friends to join me. We had a great time.

I started baking at 5am this morning, thanks to Emma waking me up early. I made cherry and fruit scones and fruit muffins served with margarine and individual pots of jam.


Tea def calls for a hat

Scones with butter and jam hmmmm

 http://britishfood.about.com/od/eorecipes/r/fruitscones.htm
  
I also went to my local irish imports store and bought chocolate digestives and chocolate tea cakes and imported some of my favourites through Amazon gourmet foods.  

Branston Pickle - my dads favourite




















For the savouries I made, egg and watercress sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches and ham and pickle sandwiches and served a selection of fruit teas and earl gray. Our English "high tea" turned out wonderful and it wont be long before I hold another :)


1 comment: