Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day Lake Katherine

Today would have been my Nanna's 91st birthday so this morning after opening my Mothers Day cards, Elizabeth and I took Cindy for walk to Lake Katherine in Palos Heights. 

My feet have always hated the terrain but I want to expose Cindy to as many places as I can where she will bump into other dogs, as part of her socializing training.

Lake Katherine is absolutely spectacular in the Spring, its one of my most favourite places to visit.

Emma stayed home to finish her homework and Elizabeth was very reluctant to get out of bed and come but I think she was glad when she did.



Its a great place to take the kids and get pictures, theres even a children's garden with butterfly statues and a herb garden you can walk through.
 
Its less than a mile loop around the lake with a few detours and I really wanted to stay and walk around it more but the loose bark chippings and rough terrain plays havoc with my feet. So we just meandered and I took pictures of Elizabeth climbing before heading to a Mothers Day party at a friends house. Ahhhhh fantastic day.




No comments:

Post a Comment