Sunday, May 5, 2013

Go Team!

Probably one of the most eagerly anticipated half marathons in the south burbs is the First Midwest Bank Half Marathon, nicknamed Palos Half, organised by Running for Kicks store owner Mel Diab. The race usually marks the first days of Spring and lets us all know warmer weather is on the way.
This time last year, I was lucky enough to run the race and it was my first half marathon and indeed my first ever medalled race. But alas this year my foot is no where near able to run so I headed there to cheerlead.  

The weather turned out great, dry and sunny with no wind. I was actually feeling a little toasted when we left. My friend Christine and I located ourselves at mile 4/9 so we had a good view of everyone. We were supposed to be cheering at the turnaround but the police had cordoned off the roads so we couldn't get there.


WE HAD A BLAST

On this occasion I truly enjoyed cheerleading more than running, especially when we chose to harass the runners aswell as cheer them on. Not sure how we werent removed from the course. I took 830 photos and they came out great, clearly I cant add them all here so follow these links to them :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.649180738440838&type=1

Lastly, congratulations to all of those who completed the race, you rocked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment