Monday, June 17, 2013

Raging Waves, Yorkville

Elizabeth, Emmas friend and Emma
Thank you Groupon for entertaining my kids!

I bought this Groupon for Raging Waves waterpark in Yorkville probably a month ago when it first became available. I remember purchasing the same deal last year and never went so I made the conscious decision NOT to miss the deadline.

If you are lucky to be tall enough to go on all the rides general admission costs just short of $30 each for you. 

Thanks to Groupon I paid $14 each, a huge saving especially on a family of 4. Hubs unfortunately couldnt make it due to having stitches in his finger which he wasnt allowed to get wet.

My girls and hubs are water park experts and Raging Waves certainly doesnt disappoint. Theres something for every age group.

Theres body and raft slides and an option to avoid the lines by renting your own inflatable tube for $5. Fortunately today the park was very quiet and we didnt need to rent a tube. Personally I didnt want to be dealing with 3 inflatable tubes when the girls ditched me to go and do something else.

The park includes a sea lion show which runs every two hours but my girls were too busy to watch it and so I didnt get to see it either. I have to say the wave pool was their favourite place to hang out all day but my eldest daughter was very pleased when the younger girls decided to go on the Boomerang, a toilet bowl flush style ride with three of them in a raft. Looked pretty hairy!!!


Wave pool
Avoid the sun, rent a cabana
Verdict.

Cost: Groupon /Living social deal made it affordable for me. Explore the website for family deals.
Travel: Relatively easy to find :)
Experience: A heck of a lot of fun, some walking and some shade issues. The catering is typical water park fast food and no outside food is allowed in for special dietary needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment