Friday, June 7, 2013

Briiinnng, Briiinnng

Today turned out to be an unusually busy day. Nick has every other Friday off from work which I like. I usually leave him home and go and run long but this summer is different and hes joining me on my bike journey.
Hubs looks like Big Bird!
We met up with the FNERs for the first official FNRCycle Ride of the summer and training rides for Fritz half ironman in Racine next month (good luck). Someone had kindly called our house at 3am and hung up so I was dog tired before even arriving at the Grainery. DISLIKE (I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.) 

We headed West to Joliet and back then set off out to Hickory Creek and eventually across Schmul hills. I DISLIKE hills even more on a bike and theres some hairy turns on the fast inclines. Thankfully I didnt wipe out :) 35 miles later and Im toast so we headed home. Thoroughly enjoyed it thought, but Im still having nutrition issues that I need to address before Venus De Miles

After riding I had to dash to my appointment with my foot surgeon. The two tendons in my arch are still having issues and have reacted to the hardware that are holding the tendons taught. I was offered more surgery DISLIKE, oral steroids DISLIKE, steroid injections DISLIKE, or Shockwave Therapy. On Monday I am trying the Shockwave, which sounds a bit X-Men so I will blog about it next week. For now Im still back in my walking boot. DISLIKE

After my appt it was another dash to therapy. Im having some serious Graston Technique treatments DISLIKE to help break down the post op scarring. Its only tolerable on my hyper sensitive feet if I spray them with Biofreeze first.

Onto Naperville, with the kids and dog for a river walk. Thankfully after a cooled off week the weather looks like its on the turn and ready to be Summer.

We enjoyed a nice walk and headed for an icecream before setting off to Spokes Cycle shop. Nick wanted some cycling shoes and with being a size 15 shoe, they are finding a bit difficult to find. I purchased a crossbar bag and a pump adaptor(just in case).

















No comments:

Post a Comment