So yesterday during my follow up from Shockwave Therapy I made my foot surgeons day and told him I would be going ahead and having the right foot reconstructed. I know, I know, I said IT WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING, but the moons have aligned and my September date works well in my schedule.
After a few months deliberation, I decided:
- Since I was already slowed down from the first surgery, I may aswell get the other foot out of the way.
- I feel way more prepared this time around and have 8 weeks to get the house, kids, dog, husband sorted (yes thats the correct order).
- My left foot has turned a corner and seems to like therapy. In 8 weeks time I feel sure it can handle crutches.
- I have a full race calendar which ends in October, no marathons for this girl.
- My dad is available if I need him.
- My girls will be in school.
- Theres no snow (hopefully although it is Chicago so cant be guarranteed)
- Finally next year I wanna move house and I cant do that in a cast!
In the mean time Im going to enjoy every second of being active and looking forward to riding the 61 Venus De Miles ride next weekend. :)